The year 2020 has really proved devastating for the whole human race, with extreme troubles striking one after another. Just as India has started to struggle with COVID-19 pandemic, the news of Amphan Cyclone wreaking havoc in West Bengal and Odisha has shook us all to our cores.Thanks to our weather forecast department, we could do some amount of damage control, but still the amount of destruction is massive.Team ITVI is here to fulfil its duties towards the humanity by providing support and raising awareness regarding the cyclone, through this platform.
We are providing some simple instructions for a situation like this:
- Try to stay indoors, as much as possible.
- Acquire a place away from water bodies, if that is not possible try to seal-tight the doors and windows of the house.
- Keep items of basic necessity like, food, drinking water, medicines, candles, matches etc. in a portable backpack (as an emergency kit).
- Keep your important documents in a water-proof container.
- Even if the tension ascends, try to calm down, don’t panic and be cautious all the time.
- Keep communication devices handy like, mobile phones and radio, in order to get important broadcast information quickly.
- Only believe the officially transmitted information, rumours can be much more disastrous than the cyclone, itself.
These are only a few general instructions and we know it’s easier to preach than practice in situations like this. Team ITVI stands in solidarity with the cyclone victims and we are here to provide as much support as possible. As for now, we encourage all our students and team members to take a stand and #prayforbengal #prayforodisha. Provide support and relief items through whatever means possible, contact your friends and acquaintances in those areas and ask about their well-being as, “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal”. Donate for the cause via the government portals or through NGOs, trust us, “No one has ever become poor by giving” and “A man’s true wealth is the good he does in this world”.
Remember, in this struggle for life, all the victims need a little bit of support from our sides and as a fellow human being it is our moral duty to extend them help. Just as “drop, drop makes an ocean”, even your tiniest bit of support can save a life. It is very easy to day-dream about yourself as a superhero, but in times of death and destruction such as this, a real hero takes stand and fights for the well being of people. Awaken your inner hero and help the people in need, be it physically, emotionally or through monetary funds.
Team ITVI understands its responsibility and that’s why we choose to come forward and raise awareness but we want the same from your side too. Always remember, “Helping one person might not change the whole world, but it could change the world for one person”.
Saumya Rani ( Team – ITVI )